The Hood Memorial Hall in Devauden is used by a large number of community groups and is available to hire for parties and other events.  For more information please visit the Devauden Hall Website.


Brief History

In 1944, it was decided by Violet Hood, Elizabeth Ferrard, Charles Ewill and John Rogers that the parish of Devauden needed a village hall, and their work began. Violet Hood donated the initial funds to start the process. At the end of 1950 they bought the piece of land where the hall now stands and the hall was built in due course. They then gave the Hall Building and surrounding land to the village community of Devauden, to be managed by this charity. The trust deed that founded this charity is dated 25th February 1960, sixteen years after the initial decision was made - fundraising and building work took time even then! The hall was given "for the use of meetings, lectures, classes and forms of recreation and leisure time and occupation with the object of improving the conditions of life for the inhabitants".